Iconic Ladurée Sydney store

Ladurée will open it’s first Australian store in Sydney. Macarons! Macarons! Macarons! You may have eaten the Ladurée macarons in Paris. You may already know that Ladurée is one of the world’s oldest patisseries. Did you also know that they are credited as the inventor of the double decker macaron? To my mind, the original and the best. The chocolate collection is also superb and they also sell fragrances and candles too. I can’t wait until late August; that’s when I heard that Ladurée will be opening their first Australian patisserie. As a brand, they are one of the world’s most iconic; if you’re a Gossip Girl or Sex in The City fan you would have seen the New York store on your small screen – Ladurée macarons are loved by Blair Waldorf and Carrie Bradshaw.

My apologies to those in Sydney who pioneered the macaron path, but without hesitation I state that I consider the Ladurée Paris macaron the best. Let’s see if Sydney will live up to the reputation…

Ladurée
Westfield Sydney
Level 3
Corner Pitt St Mall and Market St,
Sydney NSW Australia

PS: The much anticipated Ladurée and Lanvin collaboration macaron sets soon be available from Ladurée Sydney.

The limited edition Ladurée and Lanvin collaboration macarons sets will be available for purchase from this coming Saturday 13th October 2012.

The boxes feature decorative illustrations by Alber Elbaz himself, are finished with red grosgrain ribbon, and contain 8 bubblegum flavoured macarons.

Ladurée have a history of collaborating with fabulous designers and in the past have worked with Christian Lacroix, John Galliano, Alexis Mabille and Christian Louboutin.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Iconic Ladurée Sydney store”

1. Cathy says:
    August 6, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Why why why aren’t they opening up on the street front? Laduree deserves to be showcased with a gorgeous outside shopfront. I’m also interested to see how much their bigger macaroons compare in price to Paris!

2. Rhys says:
    August 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm

The macarons sold here will be made in Switzerland and flown out. Apparently freshness is not an issue because they consider macarons to be at their best at 2-3 days old.
    They recently opened in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where they are also doing the same.
    No word yet on pricing here, but the cost there is 70 reais for a box of 6 pieces, which works out at about $33-34 at current exchange rates.

3. Heather C says:
    August 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I am an experienced buyer of Lauduree macaroons and had enjoyed these in Paris, London and from an outlet in Hong Kong. The Sydney competition in my mind will be from the Lindt chocolate cafe in Martin Place Sydney – they make the best ones I tasted in Australia.

Hope they also sell there cookbooks!

Heather C

August 24, 2012 at 2:24 am

more news on Sydney chocolate to come next week…

4. Rebecca Varidel
    September 11, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Store opens today 11th September 2012.

5. Leah B says:
    September 12, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I was quite disappointed in the professionalism if the staff. After waiting for an hour in line, I expected staff to pack the delicate macaroons carefully, however this was not the case
    It was a bit sad to see such beautiful and yummy things being handled and presented horribly.