Electrolux Appetite for Excellence Young Chefs Waiters and Restaurateurs Awards is supporting our Australian emerging talent with events in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane over the coming weeks. Details are attached FYI. Here’s the Sydney details; it would be fantastic to generate support for these young guns. Or checkout the Appetite for Excellence website for other cities.
On Monday August 6th, for one night only, New South Wales’ hottest culinary talent will come together to create Whet Your Appetite: a dinner celebrating the best of the season and the young chefs, waiters and restaurateurs of the Electrolux Appetite for Excellence Awards. Held in the uber-stylish Electrolux Showcase, the space will come alive with the hustle and bustle of an open kitchen as the state’s future foodie elite demonstrate their passion and skills to patrons.
Past and present winners and finalists from what’s considered what’s considered Australia’s pre-eminent hospitality awards will showcase their food philosophies, cooking skills and front of house professionalism in this one-off showcase event.
Monday, 6th August 2012
7pm to 10pm
Electrolux Showcase, Corner O’Riordan and Coward Streets, Mascot
The three course menu created by the chefs and waiters working as a collaborative will include three courses with matched beverages. The team will include:
- Jay Lee, Mosaic Restaurant 2012 Electrolux Australian Young Chef Finalist
- Matthew Bugeja, Becasse 2012 Electrolux Australian Young Chef National Finalist
- Sarah Knights, Ucello 2012 Electrolux Australian Young Chef National Finalist
- Victor Liong, Marque 2011 Electrolux Australian Young Chef National Finalist
- Alexander Tuckett, Pilu at Freshwater 2012 Electrolux Australian Young Waiter National Finalist
- Anthony Moore, Bentley Bar & Grill 2011 Electrolux Australian Young Waiter Runner Up
- Christopher Rose, glass brasserie 2012 Electrolux Australian Young Waiter National Finalist
- James Audas, BLACK by Ezard 2012 Electrolux Australian Young Waiter National Finalist
- James Sexton, Oscillate Wildy 2011 Electrolux Australian Young Waiter Winner
The Whet Your Appetite dinners provide the opportunity for these skilled young people to bring their vision, commitment and passion for great food and expert service to life. Take advantage of the opportunity to get to know the next generation of hospitality leaders and gain a sneak peek into what the future holds for Australia’s restaurant industry. Bon Appetit!
With strictly limited seats available, bookings are essential.
Tickets: $90.00 + booking fee ($6.39)
Hungry for more? Navigate to www.appetiteforexcellence.com