Media announcement May 14 2012
Brewers and beer lovers will make tracks to Thirlmere on August 25 for greater Sydney’s first ever winter themed beer event – the inaugural Trainworks Winter Beer Festival, a celebration of great beer and the craftsmanship, artistry and passion that goes into its creation.
The Trainworks Winter Beer Festival will unite some of the state’s best boutique beers and hearty winter fare at the stunning Trainworks site in Thirlmere, located about 90km southwest of Sydney, an easy one hour drive from the CBD.
The Trainworks site will be transformed into a beer lovers’ paradise as the exhibited locos and diesel engines give wide berth for a family-friendly celebration of great beer, good food and live entertainment. A designated kid’s area and an exciting line up of live music and beer-related entertainment make the single day festival great value.
Beer Diva Kirrily Waldhorn, ambassador for the Trainworks Winter Beer Festival, says the event will be a celebration of the versatility of beer as the ultimate Australian beverage – regardless of season.
“There are a number of fantastic beer events on the calendar every year, but I can’t think of another one that occurs during winter, and that celebrates beer’s excellence as a partner to hearty winter fare. Beer, whilst often regarded as a perfect summer refresher, equally shines as a winter warmer,” says Ms Waldhorn.
“With the popularity of craft beer surging in NSW, beer drinkers are embracing good beer with new-found fervor. This creates a wonderful opportunity to showcase beer’s ability to match any occasion and flourish at any time of the year.”
With its modern, expansive facility and rich heritage, Trainworks creates the perfect setting to launch NSW’s first Winter Beer Festival. Trainworks’ historical relics of engineering and craftsmanship reflect the history and heritage of beer whilst also acknowledging the innovation and modernity that breweries are bringing to beer today.
Trainworks Winter Beer Festival Ticket Details:
• Saturday 25th August 2012, 10am – 5pm
• Adult entry only – $25.00
• Minors 13-17yrs entry only – $25.00 (must be accompanied by an adult)
• Children 12 and under – free (must be accompanied by an adult)
• Adult tasting ticket – $35.00 includes entry, tasting glass, program and 5 tasting tokens
• Adult entry & transport ticket return – from Sydney $49, from Campbelltown $47
• Adult tasting & transport ticket return – from Sydney $59, from Campbelltown $57
• Minors 13-17yrs entry & transport ticket – from Sydney $44, from Campbelltown $42
• Children 12 and under entry & transport ticket – from Sydney $24, from Campbelltown $23
Bookings are now open for breweries to reserve exhibitor space and explore sponsorship packages.
Expressions of interest – exhibitor booking and sponsorship packages:
Kirrily Waldhorn, Beer Diva. 9918 9819, 0419 786 101, email@example.com